We all feel and experience sadness from time to time in our lives. Sad quotes show us that we as humans are stronger than we think. We always come unscathed on the other side. These quotes are about love, death and life.
- What do you do when the only one who can make you stop crying is the one who made you cry?
- “All good things must come to an end, but all bad things can’t continue forever.”
- The ones that you love the most are usually the ones that hurt you the most!
- “There’s death all around us. Everywhere we look. 1.8 people kill themselves every second. We just don’t pay attention. Until we do.”
- When you are happy, you enjoy the music. But, when you are sad you understand the lyrics.
- It’s sad when you realize you aren’t as important to someone as you thought you were.
- Sometimes, crying is the only way your eyes speak when your mouth can’t explain how broken your heart is.
- I smile not for that I am happy, but sometimes I smile to hide sadness.
- “The word ‘happiness’ would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.”
- “I guess that’s what saying good-bye is always like–like jumping off an edge. The worst part is making the choice to do it. Once you’re in the air, there’s nothing you can do but let go.”
- “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
- “I wanted to kill someone and I wanted to die and I wanted to run as far and as fast as I could because she was never coming back. She had fallen off the face of the earth and she was never coming back.”
- “The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity.”
- “But grief makes a monster out of us sometimes . . . and sometimes you say and do things to the people you love that you can’t forgive yourself for.”
- A thousand words couldn’t bring you back.
I know this because I tried,
neither could a thousand tears.
I know this because I cried,
you left behind a broken heart and happy memories too.
but I never wanted memories.
I only wanted you.
- “I’m not afraid of death because I don’t believe in it. It’s just getting out of one car, and into another”
- “The sun kept on with its slipping away, and I thought how many small good things in the world might be resting on the shoulders of something terrible.”
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”
- “This is what it felt like to have a broken heart. It felt less like a cracking down the middle and more like she had swallowed it whole and it sat bruised and bleeding in the pit of her stomach.”
- Behind my smile is a hurting heart, behind my laugh I’m falling apart. Look closely at me and you will see, the girl I am, it isn’t me.
- “Sometimes the girl who’s always been there for everyone else needs someone to be there for her.”
- “She had tricked him. She had made him leave his old self behind and come into her world, and then before he was really at home in it but too late to go back, she had left him stranded there–like an astronaut wandering about on the moon. Alone.”
- Some day you’ll cry for me
Like I cried for you
Some day you’ll miss me
Like I miss you
Some day you’ll need me
Like I needed you
Some day you’ll Love me.
But I won’t Love you.
- Saying someone can’t be sad because someone else may have it worse is just like saying someone can’t be happy because someone else might have it better.
- “Leaning against my father, the sadness finally broke open inside me, hollowing out my heart and leaving me bleeding. My feet felt rooted in the dirt. There were more than two bodies buried here. Pieces of me that I didn’t even know were under the ground. Pieces of dad, too.”
- “Don’t cry over someone who wouldn’t cry over you.”
- “As the light begins to intensify, so does my misery, and I wonder how it is possible to hurt so much when nothing is wrong.”
- Tears are words that need to be written.
- “Breathing is hard. When you cry so much, it makes you realize that breathing is hard.”
- “There are two types of people in the world: those who prefer to be sad among others, and those who prefer to be sad alone.”
- “Sometimes pain is so unmanageable that the idea of spending another day with it seems impossible. Other times pain acts as a compass to help you through the messier tunnels of growing up. But pain can only help you find happiness if you remember it.”
- “It’s sad when someone you know becomes someone you knew.”
- “Have you ever wondered what a human life is worth? That morning, my brother’s was worth a pocket watch.”
- “The hottest love has the coldest end.”
- “My sister will die over and over again for the rest of my life. Grief is forever. It doesn’t go away; it becomes a part of you, step for step, breath for breath. I will never stop grieving Bailey because I will never stop loving her. That’s just how it is. Grief and love are conjoined, you don’t get one without the other. All I can do is love her, and love the world, emulate her by living with daring and spirit and joy.”
- “Everyone in life is gonna hurt you, you just have to figure out which people are worth the pain.”
- “Long time I been on my own, but now really I’m alone. I survive the killing, the starving, all the hate of the Khmer Rouge, but I think maybe now I will die of this, of broken heart.”
- “Never long for anyone from the past. There is a reason why they never made it to your future.”
- “A lot of you cared, just not enough.”
- I know i never even had any chance with you but it still hurts seeing you with someone.
- “You were merely wishing for the end of pain, the monster said. Your own pain. An end to how it isolated you. It is the most human wish of all.”
- I just want to feel like I belong.
- Don’t take me for granted,cause unlike the rest.I am not afraid to walk away.
- “Grief is not as heavy as guilt, but it takes more away from you.”
- Did I change or did you just stop loving me.
- I just want to feel like I belong.
- Temporary happiness isn’t worth long term pain.
- “I don’t know if it’s possible to take hate away from people. Not even people like us, who’ve seen firsthand what hate can do. We’re all hurting. We’re all going to be hurting for a long time. And we, probably more than anyone else out there, will be searching for a new reality every day. A better one.”
- My tears are like anchors that sink my heart to the depths of the deepest ocean.
- “It’s raining in my heart
like it’s raining in the city.
What is this sadness
that pierces my heart?”
- Sometimes it takes losing something to realize what you’ve had.
- “But a part of me lies buried in lace and roses on a riverbank in France-a part of me is broken off forever. A part of me will be unflyable, stuck in the climb.”
- A feeling of sadness seemingly without a cause.
- “Envy hurt exponentially more than heartbreak because your soul was torn in two, half soaring with happiness for another person, half mired in a well of selfpity
- Never put your happiness in someone else’s hands.
- “Depression is like a heaviness that you can’t ever escape. It crushes down on you, making even the smallest things like tying your shoes or chewing on toast seem like a twenty-mile hike uphill.
- Depression is a part of you; it’s in your bones and your blood.”
- But they all didn’t see the little bit of sadness in me.
More Sad quotes
All the Sad quotes you want
The last 10 Sad quotes